Friday 13 December 2013

Sunset at Lake Matheson

We drove to the town of Fox Glacier (can you guess the name of the glacier???) and made it just in time to visit Lake Matheson for a spectacular sunset. The golden light was quite amazing as it mixed with the mist coming off the ocean, but SV was not impressed and instead cried in the camper van for a bit. Eventually she was persuaded to come out and she enjoyed the sunset reluctantly at first before fully embracing it. We did a short hike to get some wonderful views of Mount Cook as it was reflected in the lake.








4 comments:

Grandma CeCe said...

Have these incredible shots been edited??? I have never seen anyplace so beautifully mysterious!

TV said...

Without getting into the debate what is editing and what isn't, I will say that it hasn't been altered to make it look different from what it was. I did remove minor blemishes and the like, but it really looked like that. New Zealand is an amazing place.

Grandma CeCe said...

I can honestly say these are the most "moving" landscape photos I have ever seen! Thank you for sharing!!!!

TV said...

Thank you Connie. I'm glad you like them.